The winner of our 2012 contest will receive a $500 prize and publication in BOMB Magazine’s literary supplement First Proof. Deadline April 16 (postmarked by April 16).
Poetry Contest Submission Guidelines
• Manuscripts must include 3–5 poems.
• No more than 5 poems (max. 10 pages) per entry fee.
• Do not write a name on the actual manuscript, as all entries are considered anonymously.
• Poems must be previously unpublished.
• Simultaneous submissions OK, but reading fee is not refundable.
• Reading Fee: $20 inside the US—includes free one-year subscription to BOMB* (addresses outside North America add $12; Canada/Mexico add $6).
• Deadline: April 16, 2012 (submissions postmarked by April 16).
The winning poem will be published in an upcoming issue of BOMB’s First Proof. Finalists and winner announced late summer 2012. Email generalinquiries (at) bombsite (dot) com with any questions.
Ben Lerner’s books are The Lichtenberg Figures (2004), Angle of Yaw (National Book Award finalist, 2006), Mean Free Path (2010), and most recently, Leaving the Atocha Station (2011), a work of fiction. Read an interview with Lerner, published in September 2011, here.
BOMB has championed and encouraged the literary efforts of both established and emerging writers for more than a quarter-century, with a contributing editorial board that boasts contemporary luminaries such as Deborah Eisenberg, Patricia Spears Jones, Edwidge Danticat, Kimiko Hahn, Jonathan Lethem, John Haskell, and Francine Prose.
*All subscriptions will start with the Summer 2012 issue, #120.